Wednesday 8 June 2011

Signal Diagrams

For many years I have been a huge fan of the station at Cooma - I was lucky to see trains there just prior to it's closure in 1989 and have 'rejoiced' in the Cooma-Monaro Railway and it's continued success.
Cooma is unique in many ways because it is a precinct were virtually all of the infrastructure that existed 30 years ago is still in situ - the only exception was the water tank that was removed in the 1970s (a replacement from Yannergee has was relocated to Cooma about 10 years ago).

Sometime between 1989 and 1992 the diagram in the signal box was flogged and is no doubt decorating someone's wall and the signal box is poorer for the loss.

Anyway a while back when I was there I thought I can redraw that diagram as I had a picture of the diagram taken in 1987. Using Corel the diagram was redrawn, printed and framed and in early May 2011 I presented the CMR with a new diagram which was duly placed in the signal box in the original location.

A picture of the redrawn diagram in the signal box is below.


No comments:

Post a Comment